<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7315825343900738424?origin\x3dhttp://undermadstars.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



to write;
"...I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

-The Peace of Wild Things; Wendell Berry


Monday, January 04, 2010, 16:32
I'm not the ocean:



Term 1 Day 1.

Today was a bad way to start of the year..
For me it was a cycle of bored, irritated, tired, bored, irritated, tired...

Not that I want lessons to start (duh), but considering how I took more than an hour to fall asleep, I was quite annoyed at all the longwinded talking.

Sigh.

Maybe I'm just grumpy.

But!

WHAT MADE ME HAPPY TODAY -
#Seeing everybody after so very long! (Well, except all the folk I met up with during the hols :))
#Tricia's random reaction when I handed her the present from Gen + me :)
#Mrs Ng's weird shoulder-tap..Oh my, I wonder what hidden meanings it holds! o:
#Claire's goofiness, as always :D
#Min's sensibility and rant about how I'll go crazy cos I'm not sitting with her anymore (true, that) (:
#My awesome Lit group: Claire, Alison, Min, me! Name: Hurry Up! Slogan: Texts move. JUST MOVE IT! complete with Alison's squiggly tick as our group logo (a shameless ripoff of the Nike logo, haha). Mrs Thomsett caught Claire muttering (relevant) lyrics to herself and gave her one of many weird looks (:
#We have Mr Seow for SS! THANK GOODNESS.
#Just hanging around with Liz C and Glenda.
#Chatting with Min and like walking around because she was blur!
#The fact that I've already finished my ROCs duties, forever ^^ I'm free!
#Presents! From quite a few people :) Thank you so much, that made my day.

Labels: ,