<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7315825343900738424?origin\x3dhttp://undermadstars.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



to write;
"...I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

-The Peace of Wild Things; Wendell Berry


Monday, January 18, 2010, 16:26
you are worthwhile.


.

Eh I'm really tired, but -

YESTERDAY

#Awesome, exchanged contacts with Vivek, Zach, etc
And of course I already have Jaya's :)

Woah but BRIAN HAS A CRUSH ON XUAN WEI!

2, Zach is really polite o: He came up to me to talk and shake hands (twice!) after the conference had ended (: Aww.

But overall it was a slow day. Last comm meeting ended up as an argument between Dvanika (the noisy girl, who is foreign after all) and Cheryl and Anshar D:

Some of the Excellence Awards were justified, e.g Johnny and the hyperactive Senator-from-Montana. But others...no comments.

ANSHAR DESERVED ONE.

Oh yeah, and Congress processed 3 new bills :D
Iran sanctions (unanimous...zero nays), Haiti aid (unanimous, again an utter silence) and rejection of cap&trade + carbon emissions (even the authors backed off..it was a stupid bill.)

Oh oh, and we found out that the Democratic C.H.O.C.O.L.A.T.E healthcare bill made it through the House :D

TODAY

#I love the morning sun(:
It's so pretty.

#I ate during recess!
Celebrated by more people than I'd want to remember (;
Anyway, sat with Eleanor+Jeru+Alison+Claire+Chan+Gand!

Min's really got me hooked on the handrolls, plus Gand was so blur she didn't notice me eating her chicken rice until Chan & Jeru pointed it out XD

I think that was the part when they got distracted by Chan + Gand's snarky comments on the act-cool primary pref at the nearby table (: Claire soon expressed her disgust, haha ohmymy!

#Oh yeah! And -
Gand: Hey! Have you seen Liz?
Me: Uh..I'm supposed to eat with her too leh!
Claire: -yelling her lungs out- ELIZABETH CHAN!!!
-everyone in hearing range (spanned the whole canteen) turned towards us-
Gand & Me: -固在那儿-
Me: What the..
Gand: Oi! Can you not embarrass my friend?!?
Claire: It's not embarrassing mah! And you want to find her right?
Gand: Nemind nemind! Sit down!
[later as we're eating]
Gand: Wah, Liz is still not here ah?
Claire: LIZ CHAN COME HERE NOW!!!
-all of us seated there roll our eyes as the same thing happens-
Alison: Hey, isn't that Liz? -points behind us-
-Claire turns and finds her victim about 2 metres behind her-
Claire: Oh. (o_x) Oops?

Man, way to grab attention :P

#Glarbo and Alison loudly singing Elton John songs after Physics lab ^^
Ugh hate labwork, so frustrating.

They were causing a hilarious ruckus as we walked back to class too, leading to stares from the Sec 3 classrooms xD

#Mr Seow waltzing into class with his panda fan held aloft...only for it to break completely off and fall onto the floor :D
His horror was priceless (;

#Alison, Chan, Jeru and I burst into uncontrollable giggles when Mr Seow made some comment about Kuta cowboys and their role as best friends, ahem ahem! O:

Doesn't that remind you of...well, something? -wiggles eyebrows-

A most needed laugh after we watched various terrorism videos, including 9/11.
That one in particular makes me sad ):

Alison: -breaks out into random giggles halfway-
Everyone: -stares-
Mr Seow: Alison, are you okay?
Alison: Yeah, I'm fine. -splutters back into hysterics-
Mr Seow: No, you're not..Anyway...

#Lit...is that a different marking style I see? ):

#I'm actually paying attention during Chinese, first day ever since, like, end-2004 O:

Oh, and I like Chinese lessons much better than Lit lessons now. No surprise =_=

#Lunch made up for Lit (:
Me, Eleanor, Claire, Tze, Jean, Xi Yun at a table.
Fulfilled my promise to Jaya (: Thanks Claire for the help haha!

Stole food from Claire and Jeru ^^ Thanks dudes!

Eleanor, Tze and Xi Yun soon left, but then SHERALYN came along.
Ahaha, nobody can beat Sheralyn.

First thing she did was yell at Claire about some MEP test, which of course led to a most entertaining shouting match. And while Jean was laughingly trying to stop Claire mid-shout, in the chaos I managed to steal more food [from Jean] :P

The only one to spot me was Sheralyn, but she was too amused to get out a proper sentence till it was too late!
I must say pasta sauce is yummy :)

She finally clarified her cockroach theory to me (: 3 words and I saw the logic!
Props.

Somewhere along the way, like maybe right before she tried to grope me to see my waistline (thank you En for attempting to save me from your table XD), I lost my crankiness for sure :D

#So yes, thanks people for an awesome day. I treasure every itty bitty little moment!
.


Labels: ,