<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7315825343900738424?origin\x3dhttp://undermadstars.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



to write;
"...I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

-The Peace of Wild Things; Wendell Berry


Monday, February 08, 2010, 19:19
fifteen.

Today ended surprisingly well!

#Chinese passed really really fast...I can't remember what on earth we were doing though O:

OH analysing 报章报道 问题s, yes, the only thing I can actually do in Chinese :)
Been making huge efforts to speak up in class and stuff recently, go me!

#Amaths quiz!
Yay, differentiation is really awesome! Did the paper twice through and still had 10 min left over...

#Recess.
(: Om nom nom!

#Early arrival @ Phys lab 5 for graded pract.
Okay, the trend of disaster-then-happy-ending was exhibited once again!

1) First, my practical aspect encountered, erm, difficulties...because certain principles made the ___ hard to control. But in the end I gave up and wedged it firmly, where it stayed! Yay.

So tedious, tsk.

2) Panicked cos my graph was a CURVE at first! Eeps.
-ahem- Adjusted one point, left with one that was radically out of line.

But after 5+ min of agony, I realised I plotted it wrongly!
Phew, just as I was gonna give up and leave out that point.

So was all good :D

3a) Calculated z wrongly man, prob keyed it inaccurately into my calculator.
Was 22 times too small D:

But I didn't realise till later! Dundundundun.

3b) Was having a silent panic attack from then till the last 2 minutes, because I couldn't manipulate the silly formula for the final answer! As in, it was 17 times too small.

3c) BUT in the final 2 minutes I went over everything again!
Rechecked z (GRR killing myself) and corrected it hurriedly, before going over all my working again D:

YES, but I GOT THE RIGHT ANSWER with 1 minute to spare.

End of bad-story-turned-good!

#English.

Mrs Chitra spent the whole 40 min prepping us for the minister's visit on Wed :D
Ahh I hope we don't miss PE because of him + his entourage! :X

#SS.
First half hour was 100% free!

Mr Seow came in in the last 10 min, but since he had nothing to go through/teach, we were still free to do whatever we wanted!

Christie, Lau, Claire and I were actually hovering at the back of the room (watching them dance at first etc xD) but gradually the talk turned to siblings.
Then Claire mentioned HAIR.

Went downhill from there..ahaha, can you say AWKWARD TURTLE.
She was asking everybody about it! Eww :x

#Lit.
Aiya, not too bad, 23 of 24 for the quiz :D
But I needn't have studied, it was all common sense x_X Min got a 21 despite only reading my notes ):

Ellie reading out Carmen's responses: "What is the overall idea?"
Mrs Thomsett: Hm, not quite, yeah?
-Next qn-
Ellie: Uh, "What is the point of the text?"
Mrs Thomsett: -laugh+sigh- Carmen!! Did you even read the book?!

Various folk: Can we say "When the action starts?"
Mrs Thomsett: No!
Others: "When the action begins?"
Mrs Thomsett: Erm, no!
Jeanette choking out through her giggles: Jean put..Jean put: "When the action stops."
Mrs Thomsett: !!! JEAN!!!

We were dying, dying!

#Min gave me half of her Geog notes :D Thanks dear!

And uh...cos we were discussing the scene between Ken and Sadler, Ken being a paraplegic with a fondness for innuendos lah.

So Min and I went into fits when Mrs Thomsett said, "In this scene, they are both feeling each other..out."

Doubt it was intentional, but our minds were definitely somewhere else ;)

Ugh we are analysing Taylor Swift's Fifteen for philosophical meaning.
Min, Claire and I were passing mean comments...because er, while the song itself is okay, we don't believe in digging for gold when there is no gold... ...

Ack, but it displaced TiK ToK as the song stuck in my head T_T Boo!

#Chinese again.
Mostly laoshi telling us what we did wrong for our 议论文s on 传统文化, hee.

And talking about how IMPRESSED she was with our 托物言志 essays...or not XD
Because we didn't really 托物, just that our 表达 was, er, better than usual ;D

20 min free time!
Going high with Bern, Niki and Yun Hua...not my usual gang, but ah, my convos with Bern usually result in much amusement for everyone XD

Aw, Bern complimented me :)
-touched-

#Lunch with Claire and assorted folk who sat at our table before chionging off!

Helped T folk with their carwashing again(: Jeanette dragged me into it today! Haha, literally.
Teasing Jeanette, ganging up with Jeanette to tease Hannah (XD), poking fun at Sheralyn...getting rubbed with wet newspaper, getting my shoes all wet, getting stepped on by Hannah on purpose...:D

#Went high with Tze (:D) watching Jean & Sheralyn lead the group in playing Polar Bear and Mafia respectively.
Hahah, as Tze and I said, MAJOR FAIL!

:D

Oh well, got Hannah and Priya to dump 0.125 of the big red bucket onto me, so was all wet!
But it was so hot that I dried in no time at all :)

Have pics, courtesy of ZL :) But it's so unglam I shan't post them here :X
And Hannah has another shot too XD

Yeah, not very many cars to wash..so sat around talking/stoning in turns and stuff.

#Hanging round in T with Charlotte + Jeanette, and on the outside bench with Sheralyn + Diana + Marriz.

(:

Lots of fun!

Especially when Diana started whining about matrix multiplication, and gave up despite me trying to help :X
We took the vandalism on the tabletop ("blonde bimbo") as a sign from the universe :)

Yeah, loads of comic relief when there were events (o_o) happening! Involving Jean's, Sheralyn's and my watches(: Diana's aid, the dustbin, shortlessness, porn, wrestling, groping, falling, fighting, decoys and deceit...

Uh, ask us for details! There's no way to tell you what happened through here without it sounding just plain WRONG. And that was a phrase, btw, that Sheralyn repeated throughout our convo :)

Meanwhile, Charlotte and Jeanette hard at work taping up the 4T phone-drop!

#Eventually just me and Sheralyn left to ourselves...talking, stoning, her reading her dictionary (Charlotte called her mad! xD), yup.
And she complimented me! :D Woah so amazed haha!

Btw, check out her blog dudes! She updated it!
(She was, ahem, "pimping it out" to me, and I thought I ought to promote it to you all here too ^^")

#Huiqi appeared just then, a sign that the guitar folk were done!
Stupid sis, grr.

But anyway, on the way suddenly saw Carmen popping out of her car.
Sheralyn and I were busying ourselves with teasing her about Shannon being so much taller and stuff...right, 大姐?(;

#Yup, really completely tired now, but sigh...gotta go research for Round 2 of 传统文化 tomorrow!

):

Plus the last question of the Chem assignment [Thurs], as well as prepping for Eng [Wed] and the new homework we got today.

I feel so accomplished for being slightly ahead of work.
But that's probably cos there's barely any work due this week.

I WONDER WHY. The lack of work makes me PARANOID ))):
[said Jeanette!]

Labels: