<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7315825343900738424?origin\x3dhttp://undermadstars.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



to write;
"...I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

-The Peace of Wild Things; Wendell Berry


Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 01:48
Sonnet XVII:

I finished all the Thurs work yesterday evening :)

So I gave in to my urge to scrapbook, began a new project...

Currently nameless, but its working title is XVII, after Pablo Neruda's sonnet :D

The book I chose to destroy alter..

It has had nice stories inside it ):
Sacrifice.

So, I was gonna try for a mixed-media style on page 1...
Yeah, as you can tell from my brushwork I'm not exactly a patient person ;x

 
Ended up a bit stiff, but otherwise nice and glossy, just the right effect.

 
Page 1 is a bit..drab. Meh. Sorry bout the cam..
Bad experiment with marker on paint, aimed for striking but simple.

I think I'm a lil too minimalistic, still. Was worried about clutter...
Did some improv layering on my photo; as you can see, my edges need work.

Page 2 before I finished. As above, layering + edging & a fabric flower.
Not very happy with the colour combo here, but my hand-done border did some good.
Ugh, I need better markers. Resorted to going over the silver with blue and orange later.

&yeah, in case you couldn't recognise it from a past post on some previous blog:

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where,
I love you simply, without problems or pride:
I love you in this way because I don’t know any other way of loving

but this, in which there is no I or you,
so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand,
so intimate that when I fall asleep it is your eyes that close.

-extract from Sonnet XVII; Pablo Neruda

I love this sonnet a whole lot more than I love Shakespeare's #18 (Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day?...), seriously. I mean, it's idealistic and all, but that's what a sonnet is essentially meant for anyway.
I lovelove it :) One of my favourite poems ever.

Labels: , ,