<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7315825343900738424?origin\x3dhttp://undermadstars.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



to write;
"...I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

-The Peace of Wild Things; Wendell Berry


Monday, March 22, 2010, 21:22
once or twice.


Tbh, I was so happy in Lit today, cos I managed to raise all of Mrs Thomsett's points when we were discussing in our groups; relief :) It was hard work concentrating while yawning and all, but it paid off.

Rather reassuring, since I've been rather off-target for WLIIA.
(: Yeah, I can't really convey how amazingly relieved I was. And I hope I remain focussed on the right ideas when we're going through the rest of the book...actually, I hope I remain focussed proper for the rest of the year O: Confidence crisis man!

Oh, and I nearly died trying to stifle my laughter. Cos we were on pages 21-3 today, and during discussions I could hear a ton of people reading out loud, especially this line:

KEN Don't stick that thing in me!

Particularly Tabby, who was repeating that over and over, and I KNOW she was thinking sick. So was her whole group; they kept giggling whenever Yun Hua's group/Mrs Thomsett read it out.

Gosh, so every time I was thinking, That's what she said! (yeah, OLIA ;))
It was really bad cos Mrs Thomsett was so serious, and then Ern found out why I was smirking to myself, so both of us kept exchanging the we-should-stop-being-so-dirty looks before bursting into fresh giggles.

Had to keep turning away whenever Mrs Thomsett shifted along the aisle, cos you know if she asks why we were grinning then it would be reallyreally (!) bad...;)

Ahh, and for the record, new group: Ern Min and Ritz, yup.
.

&oh, goodness! Feli gleefully took my mention of my note-passing with Avery completely out of context. So she, Tabby, Nicole and Shannon were totally getting on my case about that! Tsktsk haha all of them are so eager to embroil me in scandal ;D

Please note that any remarks on this topic are completely fictional. Any resemblance to reality, including to me or other people or events, is purely sadistic.

Thanks :P

Labels: ,