<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7315825343900738424?origin\x3dhttp://undermadstars.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



to write;
"...I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

-The Peace of Wild Things; Wendell Berry


Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 17:35
couldn't bring me down.


today:
was the day I discovered my limit.

honestly, I thought I was insane. throat swollen by pesky germs = couldn't breathe = automatic KO...but I wanted to run.
I'd say that while we're all old enough to consider the 2.4 as nothing, today's run really tested me.

I guess I'm mad for insisting on running despite this cold (it's really annoying me), but I really thought I could do it.
and I did.

I fought and won!

13:59 (A) - not my best time by far, but it was ultimately the hardest hardest thing I've ever accomplished. to keep going though I just wanted to lie on the track and close my eyes. to put one foot in front of another again and again and again.

but the amazing thing is, I was so sure I'd finish. because I knew I would make myself finish what I started.
as in, while I was running/walking and thinking to myself "I'm crazy, I'm crazy" yet there was never a point where I thought, "I should stop, I want to stop." I wanted to do it, don't you see?

maybe because I wanted to succeed, so so so badly.

why? beats me man..it's not like pft is very important in life.

however, I acknowledge I hit my limit; right after I crossed the finish line I thought I'd essentially killed myself and was a gone case. such a disgrace, to have to struggle to even keep on my feet and try to control my breathing, but I DID IT.

I'm so proud of myself. call me stubborn, but I'm so glad I made it.
plus, now I know that I'm so much stronger than I thought. every round was a struggle, and I hang my head in shame to confess that I walked for a good 3 rounds in an attempt to get more air without making my throat constrict further, but I FINISHED THE RUN.

I FINISHED IT.
do you know what I did?!

take that, you stupid swollen throat. you couldn't stop me! you couldn't bring me down.

sometimes I guess we assume that the impossible is possible.
I proved myself, to me. that was worth all the moments it hurt. overcoming me was worth it.

I don't remember anything about the run at all; you know, when things seem like a dream? too focussed lah kay!
 
but I'll remember that feeling for a long long time to come, the feeling of finally crossing the finish and knowing you couldn't have given more. I've found my limit, after all - how often do people manage to do that?

for the first time in a very very very long time, I am happy with myself.
yan made me smile later when she commented that I was flying. now obviously I was very slow compared to many other runners, but it made me glad to know that I am above all a sprinter.

sprints over runs any day!

and thank you ellie, for being such an awesome partner. probably would have fainted or something without your help.
.

yup, I'm definitely ill. sore throat, cough, a voice that disappears at random intervals, headache, chills...
and the weirdest thing is I'm not radiating body heat.

as in, even after the run, ellie pointed out that I was freaking cold as an ice cube.
how is that even possible?
uhhuh, I'm thinking of metabolism too.

then again, positive thought: I don't have a fever.
-touch wood-

was considering not showing up in school tmr but it'll be hell if I miss lessons now, so never mind just tahan lah. it's not so bad. and having to drink water so much keeps me wide awake.
.

5-item!

shuttle: yay back to sec 2 standard, an improvement from sec 3. but not happy since it's still not even close to sec 1..A :)
sit-ups: my abs are out of shape. sorry ms suneeta. but an A anyway :)
sbj: DAMMIT missed my goal by 3 cm ))): -angry angry angry- nearly had the chance to improve on said goal by 10cm, but I faltered and it wasn't to be. A :)
sit&reach: freaking miracle miracle miracle! 44cm, B but ahh that's like a whole 10 cm further than the past. man I'm just not cut out to be flexible.
pull-ups: 18, A :) Coulda done more but well why stress my wrists 3 weeks before the exams?
.

today was charlotte's happy day, that means happy-happy for me too :)
we were sitting (fine, I ended up lying) on the grass patch talking about nonsense. haha she also realised that she'd gone to her locker without taking out her phone O: blur much!

then we joined Gand & Christie (briefly Chan & Cheong too) under the trellis to talk more crap :P
 .

stupid local grass is so disgusting. I'm gonna go shower now, wash the bugs and grass out of my hair D:
the truth hurts, but lies worse. so thank you for being honest. now go take a chill pill it's my problem.

Labels: ,