<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7315825343900738424?origin\x3dhttp://undermadstars.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



to write;
"...I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

-The Peace of Wild Things; Wendell Berry


Wednesday, May 26, 2010, 17:14
425717356:


well, wow.

I just have to say that the midyears turned out a little happier than I expected. so-so, nothing great or spectacular, but with all the little successes to (almost) make up for the disappointments.

our class is intimidating; we outperformed all other classes on Amaths 1 for every single question but #3 (and we were very close behind the first-ranked). and I saw the list of grades for physics today. majority are A1s; good job, people! :)

okay anyway I'm quite shocked at my L1R5 {it's 8, if you were wondering..}. English + compulsory 1 Math + compulsory 1 Science + compulsory 1 Human.s + 2 best), but I'll keep trying. it's funny, my best subjects used to be humanities, then the sciences...and this round it seems my maths decided to reveal itself and triumph over the other 7 subs. quite cool.

so this round's given me 6A1s. all in all, I think that's still better than I predicted. though I was unfortunately right about several things.

my grandparents = worried now. yes, feeling the pressure. but it beats their usual silent anxiety. now that grandpa's expectations are slowly coming out into the open, I feel more secure because I know exactly what he wants from me now. I swear it beats having to guess what people want from me. and that would be straight A1s, duh.
on the other hand, my parents still don't give a crap about my results. and I guess to most people that would be a blessing, but it really bothers me.

but BIO TYS PAID OFF! and so did the Cramming Day that Charlotte-on-the-phone was so helpful with. A1! what a surprising leap :-)
thank you thank you Charlotte!

Geog was a little brighter than I'd dared to hope. LORMS were 7/8 and 6/8 respectively, which is bloody amazing.

.

"you are more important than you realise."

.

I think I am honestly changing a lot.
sometimes I can't even recognise myself.

oh oh but SHE REMEMBERS ME SHE REMEMBERS ME.
and now I have her number ♥ really excited man, I wanna call her! she's in KRSS now, yeah. grandma says she's really smiley and still as fair as ever.

I don't know when it would be appropriate to call O: I wonder how it'll go..I think it'll be quite strange to talk to somebody you haven't even seen for like 10 years. but it'll be nice, surely?

Labels: ,