<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7315825343900738424?origin\x3dhttp://undermadstars.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



to write;
"...I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

-The Peace of Wild Things; Wendell Berry


Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 21:18
splat!


whee! success in gift-wrapping :)

can't wrap for nuts, but had no choice cos I brought the present home and was like "heck, I'll use the whole sheet!" so I did and now Nicole's present is so  lumpily lovely-ly wrapped ;x one-shot attempt too okay! aren't you proud of me..

.

on another note, I'm at very high risk of falling ill cos this afternoon I wanted very badly to play bball, so I decided hey, I should go downstairs cos it's only a drizzle. who could have known (dundundun!) that the moment I stepped out of the lift it started raining up a huge storm complete with thunder and lightning.
so before I did anything rash I decided to sit down and think before running out to play. especially cos ya know, after physics you tend to have to consider the chances of being struck by lightning...

had a major argument (with myself) while waiting on the bench and crossing my fingers for the rain to slow. was like "you coward! go play out there you idiot" -stands up- -wind changes direction and blinds me with a cloud of droplets- "how to play when blind, ass!" -sits down- "it's only a storm dude! play!" -stands up- "if you get pneumonia you won't be having much fun you know!" -sits back down- "argh!" -hugs ball-

in the end I decided to just sit in the lobby with the wind and spray in my face. got drenched without even having to move...
but it's quite interesting to see the way all the loiterers there (yeah, my condo has a lot of folk who are into rain, go figure) scrambling to take shelter when the rain began to blow in. I was laughing my ass off sitting there dripping all over the place while trying not to meet their stares. I mean, dudes, it's only water!

however, I can feel the first germs attacking now; anyone want to bet on how long it'll take for me to start feeling ill whoops too late showing a fever?

Labels: ,