<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7315825343900738424?origin\x3dhttp://undermadstars.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



to write;
"...I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

-The Peace of Wild Things; Wendell Berry


Friday, July 23, 2010, 20:16
and so I said

today was an interesting day, so here goes -

#aiyo embarrassing man, Mrs Ong somehow decided to mention me by name in her founder's day speech...don't know how many photos they put up, was busy hiding my face ):

haha, funny thing is so many people came up to me after that to needle me :x took some of the awkwardness away at any rate, and made me laugh :P

#Ended up next to Mrs Ng during the FD service, cos Nicole didn't wanna take that seat T_T Haha a bit awkward, obviously, but somehow she always strikes up these random conversations with me so O: today she somehow brought up europe trip! eh..

#4G FOR THE WIN! 11 of 19 possible awards are ours. :))) Amazing eh, how smart is our class man... ... it's very scary to be here sometimes O:

Class pride man! Though only 9 of us in the hall clapping for 'em so thank goodness T was helping with the support too, we were greatly reduced by 3 truant students and the rest either prizewinners or Guides[4] or GB[2] or Ensem [2], yup.

#Lunch with Nette Alexa and Ritz! :) Yay, they make awesome conversation. We had some weird entertaining convo for the entire meal. Discussion's censored, sorry folk :)

Hahaha, my mouth is really evil, lately whatever I talk about comes true or appears in like10 seconds..it was Mr Seow, then Mr Liu, followed by Colette, after which was Ms Kek, subsequently my ankle...

Today as we were exiting Bukit Timah Plaza -

Nette: Oh no! I didn't bring my umbrella!!
Me: Imagine what would happen if it suddenly started pouring right now..
-not five seconds later, patter patter patter-
Nette: Ahhh! -starts running- ?!
Alexa: You have an evilll mouth..
Me: ...

Though as we began dashing down the streets, I think we somehow found it very funny, looking at one another completely drenched and our uniforms becoming steadily more transparent..cos somehow we (especially myself) broke out into laughing fits as we stood at the stoplight, getting soaked...

Nette: Ack, my umbrella...Let's stop at KAP and buy an umbrella there! OOH I HAVE MONEY LET'S BUY ONE.
Ritz: We might as well wait there for it to stop.
Alexa: My mum's going to laugh at me D:
Me: For all you know it'll stop raining by the time we get there. See, it's almost over now.

And after we cross the intersection...yes, guess what!
It really stopped raining.

Yup, I was quite speechless by my alleged supernatural powers :D

#Geog.
I tell you ah, Mrs Lim's floundering can really leave us confused and/or annoyed, but we have a lot of ambivalent feelings! Because every time she irritates us, she ends up making us crack up very very badly by the end of the lesson. Or, if she starts off making us laugh, we leave all worn out and aggravated.

Anyway, today began in great annoyance, mostly because they tried to cram 120 people into the LT1, then when it came to groupwork there was absolutely zero space on the carpet and we couldn't really write properly on the mahjong paper...

Then people kept TALKING so every 2 minutes the teachers would have to stop and tell us to shut up (or take turns shushing us)...rawr.

So though Carmen + Alexa + Jelly + rest were keeping me cheery, there were points were Yan & I were overcome by this major sleepiness, or we got irked by the cramminess of the situation.

Back on track. Yeah, so when Mrs Lim draggeeeeeeeeed her teaching out that much (hello, who takes half an hour for one slide out of so many eh!) and made it end late.

BUT towards the end she was really going mad. I swear, sometimes I worry for her sanity.

THINGS SHE SAID THAT DID NOT MAKE ANY SENSE AT ALL (or were just plain hilarious) -

Mrs Lim: Whoever's being the noisiest is the girl I'll call to answer this question!
Carmen: ARGH she's staring at me she's staring at me! She doesn't like me ahhh not fair!!! I'm not talking but she's looking oh oh! -covers face and starts going all red -
-Shannon and I look at each other...and crack up uncontrollably-
[[Note: Yes, for future reference, Mrs Lim really was giving Carmen the evil eye all the way from below]]

Mrs Lim: Now -jabs her finger at some random portion of a photograph on the projector screen- can anybody tell me what this is?! -very panicky tone- Come on come on! Don't pretend you don't see it okay it's right there right there!! You see it!
Everybody: -we're all trying to stifle our giggles-
Mrs Lim: HEY, you all! There are STAIRS right there! -repeatedly whacking some dark patch of the picture we can't make out-
Everybody: Huh? Whut is she talking about?
Mrs Lim: Yes, those are STAIRS. -continues slamming her finger- The seawall has STAIRS. It is STEPPED because -
Somebody from somewhere in the LT, loudly: WHUT?
-collective laughter drowns her out, so we never find out what she's talking about-
Izati turns to me: Erm, what's she mean?
Me: I think she's mad. -smile- Sometimes she goes a bit bonkers. You should ignore her, like, now. Don't worry, we are too!
Izati: Oh, right!

Mrs Lim: Okay, someone describe this beach for me.
-silent pause as she stares at all of us-
Everybody: Um...where's the beach?
-maintained silence...stretches on as Mrs Lim looks crosser and crosser-
Mrs Lim: Hello, the beach!!!
Everybody: HUH??? What beach!
-we crack up into fits of helpless hysterics-

At two points throughout the 4 hours, some random songs (Pachebel Canon in D, like what?) kept playing from nowhere and disrupting the lesson cos we were all so weirded out and it was so loud + annoying.
At like 5, Bless This School suddenly started coming through the PA...

Everybody: Aiyo! It's not 6 yet what, so annoying TSK.
-Mrs Lim blithely continuing her lesson as confusion spreads-
Mrs Lim: Okay, we need to let you go now cos you're breaching the hours! If we let you keep sitting here, you'll become pumpkins!!!
Everybody: ??? Pumpkins, what pumpkins eh eh what what??? Argh!!!
Mrs Lim: Well, if you keep talking I guess you can stay here...
Carmen: Yeah, and we'll become pumpkins...

#Caught sight of dear Lolly Girl on one of her adventures to save the day :)
Though what emergency an aquarium could experience, I don't know (:

(Don't kill me you, hahaha :D)

#Thank you Carmen for the major looong koala-worthy hugs :) And the lollipop! :) Much love.

And Trish for that hug! :D
And Cheong for more hugs XD
And Jelly for the back massage (:

#Gosh stayed up to finish the Lit S&S notes ):
But didn't take as long as I expected! So though I went to sleep really rather late, it was way earlier than I estimated, yeah! Sometimes I pleasantly surprise myself :)

Labels: