<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7315825343900738424?origin\x3dhttp://undermadstars.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



to write;
"...I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

-The Peace of Wild Things; Wendell Berry


Monday, July 26, 2010, 17:47
so I walked in..

today was the day of the ACSI DSA Interview..some interview it was man...
yes, I'm sorry I didn't mention it earlier but D:

thankfully, was too distracted last night to worry..anyway I was panicking once I got back from the hotel ... ...

and it got worse while waiting in the office cos I was just silently freaking out (but still smiling like an idiot) watching staff hurry by with files and all...
went to the washroom to calm down and was like internally screaming, while Trish was trying to keep me from exploding (thank you dear dear volcano!) due to sheer nerves. hai.

I was trying to recall what Mrs Ng said during our discussion of DSA, but I couldn't cos I was so edgy! my grandpa was like next to me, he reminded me to keep calm a few times, but he left when the staff started taking attendance.

I was the first person! and it was the strangest interview ever. seriously! interviewer kept cutting me off and a rapid-fire style - I was so unnerved.

Min was right after me..again, her mum and I were like (O_O) HUH. some interview eh..we were shocked I tell you, and quite uncertain because I mean are we that boring that you don't wanna talk to us?! ):

we were the 2 fastest, the interviews got progressively longer but never exceeded more than a few minutes, aiyo... ... 13 of us hovering in the Office (they made us wait after our turns) in nervous laughter, in our own little school-cliques.

I saw Julia! the SC director. I figured it out only after she went in, cos I was like huh she seems so familiar right..

we were all called in after the last guy (3 of 13 were guys btw) and so they made us sit down in the board room, around the long table, to tell us the verdicts...with Julia and I exchanging smiles across the table during Ms Chock's longlonglong speech.. ...

isn't it amazing? such a small world...fate! I never thought I'd see her again man.

anyway, this is the part you wanna know right?

I think I'm gonna cry..
.
.
.
COS YEAH MAN WE ARE IN.
First batch of confirmed offers!!! Like AHHH FOR REAL! I was pinching myself under the table, to make sure it was actually happening and not a dream...

Julia and I were occupied with restraining our excitement throughout the long briefing, and occasionally some of us had to stop ourselves from laughing in relief/smiling too widely but you have no idea how much this means to me, to us!..

I thought I was a goner after the interview! like seriously, my face must have been absolutely priceless because I was completely..shocked. yes, I'm quite sure I had the same look as all the others..I mean, we had our suspicions, especially with the handouts ready and the overheard convo of the staff outside, but we didn't know for sure!!!

congrats Min & Jeanne! :))
and the other 10! Julia, the 2 crescent girls, the RV guy, the SJI dude, the Fairfield (?) boy, the Nanyang girl, the 2 RG girls and their absent schoolmate!

-brimbrimbrim with joy!- I feel so tired now but it's a good feeling. Ms Chock told us to keep our heads up because being among the first to get the yes, it shows something...but she also reminded us not to be complacent, so I shall remember that :)

Jeanne and I submitted our acceptance on the spot (haha we were having such a quirky little chat while waiting; found out that like me she really wanted ACSI and no other)..and yeah, I'm just.so.thrilled. after all the anxiety and all the fear, the portfolio the phonecall and then the interview...I feel so thankful, so so so very thankful right now.

it's a very overwhelming feeling.. gosh. I don't know how to express myself right now. I'm just...yeah.

good luck to the rest of you DSAers! wishing you all the best.

Labels: