#
DRAMA NIGHT 2!
Successful chaos.
List of mishaps.
First, light bulb blew in the middle of the scene! Oh my disaster.
Second, Sec 2s took over as crew so backstage accidents (someone definitely dropped something there..) - though nobody I asked seemed to have noticed a thing!
Third, prop folk got Marcella's bed scene wrong so.
Fourth, some lighting/sound cue issues.
But Wow with a capital W!
Actresses were able to cover up anything and make the night their own. Miriam and her exaggerated eyebrow movements/timed emphasis was splendid! Got the house roaring.
AND IT WAS BLOODY NEAR FULL HOUSE AFTER ALL that panic. Pre-ticket sales were like only 1/3 buuut looks like walk-in went reallyreally well! Amazing, only a handful of empties :D
Offstage, I was wrong when I assumed that an older audience would be more well-behaved than Sec 2s from last night. Especially the guys who pushed past Joline and made her jump and wave her hands in their faces + physically block them from invading crew area, annoyingly persistent people who kept trying to sneak backstage, Sec 1 ushers didn't know when to keep quiet, guy who made this RIIIP sound with his Crumpler bag during a dramatic scene, etcetera, etcetera...
But I had to be most bitchy when the people @ stage right exit kept popping their heads out and/or talking to a crowd of adoring fans!
Haha, would have been funny if the teachers weren't so furious ("Carolyn, can you get down there and tell them to behave
please?!" "Tell that girl to keep head in!! She keeps doing that!")...especially cool when me and Trish headed down there together and used both our death glares on the idiots behind the curtain. Yelling at them to "shut up! shut up! close the curtain! stop it!" before shooing the shocked audience away.
Hm, looks like Mrs Lim was right..Geez, we're like bouncers as well. Had to be so anal about it, but honestly the school should start holding courses on concert etiquette. No manners!
Sigh, where was your discipline people ): Wonder if teachers scolded them for it during the debrief, because even @ stage left people like Ain kept running out to scream and yabber with audience. BADBAD.
On the other hand, so glad it was us drama people as ushers. The prefects wouldn't have known enough to keep them from pushing backstage, or getting into crew area, hushing them at the right scenes...so yeah. Good.
It's over. I think the cast+crew this production had higher-pitched voices compared to Daisy cos they were
screaming. Back then ours was just a collective cheer of relief! This one was essentially squealing :)
Haha, Carmen and I hugged so much, thank you dear kept me sane :)
Charlotte also cheered me up with her "I'll point at you longlong and see if you come" theory, amongst other things, while Cheong gave me an epic hug while making wisecracks about stuff. And Liz Goh! :) Who came late but whom I personally escorted to the other side, yay (:
Ended off the night sitting with Goh Zenn Cheong chattering about random dumb stuff, cos I emerged just as Carmen and Charlotte left o:
But well, yes, it's over! Sec 4s can hang up their hats now.
I've "suddenly" "remembered" that I have a lot of work undone, and tmr I'm busy from afternoon on too oh man..argh this weekend is a stressful pile of no-time, I swear. Any more stress and I'm gonna shoot myself in the head or something.
Cheerio!
.
.
edit: Oh shit! According to Kayal & Kar Min & co. on FB, their info...ACSI IBDP DSA = DIE.
Big sigh. Great.
Labels: oth, pi