"...I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."
-The Peace of Wild Things; Wendell Berry
Thursday, April 28, 2011, 00:21
this has gotta be the good life;
had to embed the beautiful video. Jon Tan has the right idea:
"I'm trying to enjoy life. So must listen to inspiring music!...You'll find the joys of IB 'life' if you look hard enough."
:) and indeed, I love where I am. wonderful friends, interesting classes that keep me on my toes, lovely campus.
this has gotta be the good life!
.
horrible evening/night yesterday, but I've plenty to be grateful for.
I'm tough! :D I can get through anything, if I so choose.
managed to sprain my ankle again (I know right?!) this last Sunday, pretty badly this time. and I wasn't even doing anything I wasn't supposed to! when, after 4 days of icing I finally told my grandpa about it (well, there's little else anyone could have done even if I had told him earlier..) he gave me THE LOOK. like, the purest version of THE LOOK he has ever given me. seriously! I didn't know whether to laugh or avoid his gaze,..so I did both :x
you can bet I was darn quick to tell him on oath and honour that I *hadn't* been playing bball when it happened! I was actually just walking along on level pavement...and somehow get injured worse than I usually do engaging in a rough game.
true story...oh, the irony!
it's worse this time mostly 'cause it's not just the ligaments around the ankle, but also the ones higher up around my shin or whatever. hence my right knee can't bear much weight. which is a bad time because my left knee is starting to go clickityclick of late, and it's quite intense.
should be okay :) at least, as far as I can tell...I don't dare to go to the hospital because 1)x-rays and consultation cost way too much and 2)I don't want to be put in a cast, plus 3)I don't want to be told I can't play bball for goodness knows how long! worst possible outcome, ever 4)I don't need more painkillers..
so I'll just give it till the coming Monday and resume sports like normal :)
narrowly avoided going to the hospital btw :/ though at first only my grandma agreed with my resistance to this terrible idea! she has more sense than people give her credit for. seriously, it's just no big deal...all a matter of my body healing. and I don't know why on earth it would take so long considering how much I wish I had healing powers..I kid, I kid, but really, mind over matter.
I'm trying to be patient so I'm purposely not taking my painkillers, haha, or I know I'd give in and play tmr :x I'm quite sad about missing bball Thursday though..however I admit: it aches like crap D:
scrap that, I'm really sad ): ..sigh. -gloom gloom gloom!-
there are a lot of April babies btw - random note... generally this month is packed with events!
like, Boon Eng is leaving ACS D:! going back to M'sia I think, super sad. tomorrow's his last day...
"I have been and still am a seeker, but I have ceased to question stars and books; I have begun to listen to the teachings my blood whispers to me."
Thursday, April 28, 2011, 00:21
this has gotta be the good life;
had to embed the beautiful video. Jon Tan has the right idea:
"I'm trying to enjoy life. So must listen to inspiring music!...You'll find the joys of IB 'life' if you look hard enough."
:) and indeed, I love where I am. wonderful friends, interesting classes that keep me on my toes, lovely campus.
this has gotta be the good life!
.
horrible evening/night yesterday, but I've plenty to be grateful for.
I'm tough! :D I can get through anything, if I so choose.
managed to sprain my ankle again (I know right?!) this last Sunday, pretty badly this time. and I wasn't even doing anything I wasn't supposed to! when, after 4 days of icing I finally told my grandpa about it (well, there's little else anyone could have done even if I had told him earlier..) he gave me THE LOOK. like, the purest version of THE LOOK he has ever given me. seriously! I didn't know whether to laugh or avoid his gaze,..so I did both :x
you can bet I was darn quick to tell him on oath and honour that I *hadn't* been playing bball when it happened! I was actually just walking along on level pavement...and somehow get injured worse than I usually do engaging in a rough game.
true story...oh, the irony!
it's worse this time mostly 'cause it's not just the ligaments around the ankle, but also the ones higher up around my shin or whatever. hence my right knee can't bear much weight. which is a bad time because my left knee is starting to go clickityclick of late, and it's quite intense.
should be okay :) at least, as far as I can tell...I don't dare to go to the hospital because 1)x-rays and consultation cost way too much and 2)I don't want to be put in a cast, plus 3)I don't want to be told I can't play bball for goodness knows how long! worst possible outcome, ever 4)I don't need more painkillers..
so I'll just give it till the coming Monday and resume sports like normal :)
narrowly avoided going to the hospital btw :/ though at first only my grandma agreed with my resistance to this terrible idea! she has more sense than people give her credit for. seriously, it's just no big deal...all a matter of my body healing. and I don't know why on earth it would take so long considering how much I wish I had healing powers..I kid, I kid, but really, mind over matter.
I'm trying to be patient so I'm purposely not taking my painkillers, haha, or I know I'd give in and play tmr :x I'm quite sad about missing bball Thursday though..however I admit: it aches like crap D:
scrap that, I'm really sad ): ..sigh. -gloom gloom gloom!-
there are a lot of April babies btw - random note... generally this month is packed with events!
like, Boon Eng is leaving ACS D:! going back to M'sia I think, super sad. tomorrow's his last day...