<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7315825343900738424?origin\x3dhttp://undermadstars.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>



to write;
"...I come into the peace of wild things
who do not tax their lives with forethought
of grief. I come into the presence of still water.
And I feel above me the day-blind stars
waiting for their light. For a time
I rest in the grace of the world, and am free."

-The Peace of Wild Things; Wendell Berry


Saturday, June 04, 2011, 17:54
the edge of glory;

SC tends to be a very intense council..what can I say, that's pretty expected -

France discussing..

 China speaking.
(this is South China btw, as determined after China as a whole underwent much internal conflict :x)

 Portugal!

 I think this was upon the passage of the crisis reso..
(Oh, crisis was Taiwan declaring independence and China launching a full-scale attack in response)


 Everyone stressing after our chairs tore apart our 30-40+ clause reso for Israel-Palestine..



 Motion to introduce draft resolution..


North China airing his unhappiness with something or other D:


 Collins speaking..he really is the best. And I love his voice!
He's the kind of person I can imagine as government officials on the news...and a good lawyer.
I'm envious of his talent :)

Voting for passage of the reso..

But we are also a very fun bunch..:D! -


Brazil to Russia, during the crisis :P

 unmod caucus!



 cracking jokes/sarcastic snipes during general debate or moderated caucuses..
(Brazil is most fluent at sarcasm!)




post-passage of the Israel-Palestine reso...:)

Portugal breaking decorum to celebrate..


Rui Hao! :)

 hi Michael ^^

Rui Hao & De Jun :D

 US & UK, bffs ;D haha!

UNSC @ start of social night ;)

Side-note: Don't know what the seniors get up to..either way, got caught by the press :x

We even came up with a joke reso...






Portugal proposing a friendly amendment..

mad laughter :P

(ex-)Chair applauding the joke reso, hahaha!
(yeah, we kinda dethroned him :P)

 Oh Edward..:P (he's ECOSOC USA, as quoted at the bottom)

 Hwach analogies :D
The (erroneous) rectangle-square analogy mentioned in the article above, the onion one in this article, and others such as the jam doughnut...bahaha!

SOFT TOY :D he's super cute right?
haven't named him yet hehe, hugged him all day though ^^
Thanks be to Her Majesty's government for giving him to me ♥

Diplomacy is a trait I pride myself on,
but this came as a very happy surprise :)

Rui Hao got one too! Which makes 2 of us in the SC to get this award:D

Grats to Zong, Jerry, Darren for getting the same in their councils too,
to Lucas for being mentioned in his Chair's closing address,
and to Edward for his best position paper award :)

ACSI won the most awards I believe ;D
good job guys!

Labels: